February 27, 2012

borneo

when I was little, I think I had a book in which the main character said she was born in borneo, or her parents said she was born in borneo, or something or other referred to borneo.

and somehow the idea of borneo worked its way into my psyche.  I hardly ever think about it, and most of the time I forget it's even a real place.



but when I am reminded of it, my first thought, without fail, is always, "Oh Borneo, I was born there." And then I have this realisation again that no, I was born in Boise. Not Borneo. And it takes me a
little while longer to remember that I've never even been to Borneo.












Although I think I'd like to. Talk about beautiful!


here's to being born in borneo. or not. 

3 comments:

collette charles said...

hahahahahahah! oh wait, i was born in boise. hahahah!

little miss erika said...

I was born in Boreno too.

No wait

I was borneo in Iowa.

BAHA

Lana said...

I do believe there was a wild girl that her family said they were going to send her to Borneo or that she came from there. I will have to look for that book. This might explain a lot... Also, made me remember that I had an Aunt Berniece and knew my mom wore a brassiere--thought they were both the same and called them both a breece. Our minds do silly things.