March 5, 2012

cakecups, not cupcakes

All week I've been dreaming about this recipe for the most amazing cupcakes I've ever seen. I mean, right?
photo from "how sweet it is"

So tonight I went and spent a fortune on all the ingredients. I came home, ready to make a real recipe and then eat all 12 of the amazing cupcakes I knew were going to come out of the oven. All of my past baking mishaps disappeared from my mind. All those other times I tried to modify recipes on my own became vague wisps, and I knew this time would be different.

Oh... my heavy cream is actually light whipping cream...that expired a month ago? It'll work. 
Oh...I'm supposed to let the melted butter cool?...I can't wait for that.
Oh...I can't find a teaspoon in the whole house? I can totally eyeball the amount of baking soda. and vanilla. and salt. 

On second, third, fourth, fifth thought... those may not have been my wisest decisions. Someday I'll learn that I don't actually know enough about cooking to just guesstimate and replace willy-nilly. Until then, I'll fill that hole in the middle of my cupcakes with frosting, put it in a bowl with some almond milk and pretend like I was actually making hot fudge cakecups. 

Which is exactly what I intended to make. 

2 comments:

collette charles said...

hahahahaha! ftw. almond milk is more better anyway right? love it.

little miss erika said...

hahahh collette said "FTW"

ehhehehehe

i always say it out loud when i read it

fuuuttwwwwahhh! ffffttwwweaahhh

fffffttttwwwwwwwehhhh!