February 11, 2012

cafe des invalides jocteur

in paris, I found this perfect little café thanks to jordan ferney of oh happy day. I was only there for about five weeks, but that was more than enough time for the staff at the café to recognize me and know what I was going to order-- un chocolat chaud et un croissant.


I always sat at this table, even though it was kind of in the awkward right-by-the-door spot. It was just big enough for me and let me have a perfect view of the oven, the hot chocolate machine, the bread selection and all the other people whose mornings were lifted by the pure divinity sold behind the counter.

I can't even begin to explain how good the hot chocolate was. Just warm enough, and almost pudding-thick, served in huge green mugs. heaven. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping this recipe comes close.

2 comments:

collette charles said...

yes. love this posting from you business.

Meghan said...

loving you posting more often :)