tonight was truly spectacular.
my friend and I hit up the brett dennen (aka my lover)/ donavon frankenreiter concert tonight. it was an incredibly lovely day and dusk, with the temperature hovering right around 73 degrees, a crowd of under 1,000 and a beautiful view of the lake. mm.
brett's set bordered on heavenly, and his closing "blessed" was one of the most uplifting things i've ever heard. his lyrics are so deep, and yet set to such upbeat music. and he's beautiful. how i would love to run my fingers through that gorgeous red hair.
short break, then on to donavon frankenreiter. holy smokes! this guy's voice is pure surfer seduction, and i love it. his songs are happy and deep and everything you could ever want.
then the lightning started. huge flashes lit up the entire sky, but donavon said "hey, if you're ok, we're ok!" and kept playing. finally they had to turn off the power because it was getting so bad, but get this. donavon got off the stage onto the lawn, and kept playing and singing for the crowd. "if it don't matter to you, it doesn't matter to me" he sang. neat.
THEN the rain came. and came. and came. and came. I'm not usually a "get caught in the rain" kind of girl, but tonight, the rain could not have been more perfect. running and laughing our way back to the car was so much fun.
the drive home. biggest, most spectacular lightning i've EVER seen. and I have seen some lightning. when i got in my car, that "arms of the angel" song was playing, and it seemed perfect.
8.8.08. perfect.
1 comment:
Hi Lyssa!! I just wanted to comment on your post. I am a HUGE fan of Donavon and the show sounds like it was amazing! I wish I could've been there. I saw him when he played with Brett Dennen two years ago, and I was really impressed with brett. Anyway, I also wanted to say I am also an amateur photographer! I would love to see some of your stuff. I dont really blog on here, so if you wanna chat, write me either on my myspace- myspace.com/dewintate, or you can email me at dewintate@yahoo.com! Hope to hear from you!
Post a Comment