tonight my parents and I cleaned our church building. I straightened the same hymnbooks I straightened when I was 10, dusted the organ I learned on, vacuumed the halls we went down to get to sacrament meeting and sunday school and mutual and meeting for temple trips. I've taught and learned lessons there, played and sung countless songs and hymns, and felt more love from more people than anywhere else ever. my mentors, heroes and, of course, my first crush are in that ward. I love everything about it. we're mostly simple people leading simple lives in the most beautiful place on earth, and we like each other. i even like that old man across the road who loves to hot tub in the nude- on sunday mornings. i like the fingerprints on the lower half of the glass doors because it means little kids are here and welcome. i like the seventies style of the building because it reminds me of how much the first members of our ward gave to have our chapel built. i like the base of the spire that we would beg our teacher to let us go to for class.
all my love to the westmond ward.
learn more about my church here
No comments:
Post a Comment