June 26, 2008

People

are really just people.
I discovered something about myself today, and it's that I don't really care about celebrities. This discovery actually made me happier than my first meeting with a "real" celebrity. (And to those I texted...shut up)
Honestly, I had much more fun waiting in line to get my book signed than I did actually meeting the author. The woman behind me and I started talking and joking, and I realized that if we all want celebrities to be like "real people," why don't we just appreciate "real people" more?
After the ridiculously dressed up girls walked by (people do not dress up in my town) we remarked, oh yes, he'll definitely ask you to marry him now... I found it entertaining.
We also decided that it would be a convenient time for a wardrobe malfunction, the moment you walk in front of where he was sitting. And that we would do our best to control our girlish giggles when he spoke to us.
I also heard her talking to a friend on her cell phone, and mentioning that her daughter (who was walking around town with dad) was wearing her squeaky shoes. On my walk home, I passed a man with a little girl whose shoes were remarkably squeaky.

But just for the record, Viggo Mortensen is just as beautiful in person.

No comments: