Wakened from my peaceful rest, I am alerted to an incessant buzzing that seems to fill the room, echoing in my ears like...
A FREAKING MOSQUITO.
It's 1:30 in the morning, and this evil little creature has chosen me as its new prey. However, it couldn't even just bite me as I slept, no, it had to wake me up and warn me that it was there, so I could worry and wait for the moment it's filthy proboscis pierces my skin. Even though I can hear it every second, I cannot see it for the life of me. Mosquito slayer extraordinaire I am not.

I get up and drench myself and my bed in bug spray, and lay back down. It comes back.
I get up and turn on an attractive light in the opposite corner of the room. It comes back.
I get up and slather calamine lotion on my 10 existing mosquito bites. It comes back.
I spray more bug spray. It comes back
I read for an hour. It's still there.
I'm finally exhausted enough to fall asleep despite its heinous presence.
I woke up with three new mosquito bites.
I lost the battle.
No comments:
Post a Comment