June 24, 2008

Me?

You know those people are who always cheerful and cute?
I'm not. I am a happy person, but I'm not always Little Miss Sunshine. I don't really know how they do it!

Some people are very deep, and every time you talk to them you are more aware of your own stupidity, but you also feel smarter for having heard the workings of their brain.
I don't think I'm like this very often, but I'd like to be.

Some people are perennially funny. Every word that comes out of their mouth is just...funny! They're fun to talk to, fun to listen to, fun to watch.
For some reason, the humorous part of my brain shuts down whenever I'm nervous or new, or with anyone I haven't known forever. Highly unfortunate.

Some people are exciting. They're always up for adventure, and they can do everything. Jump off a rock? Swim ten miles? Tame a lion? They'll do it, and they'll do it well.
I do my best. But swim ten miles? I'd die. Jump off a rock? I'm the one who would misjudge and land on...another rock. Tame a lion? That I can do.

So for now, I'm trying to figure out what kind of conglomeration I am. If you care to join, I am the kind of person who enjoys company. I think.

No comments: