February 15, 2009

confusion at walmart

there is a girl here who has always reminded me of friend from home, simone.
friday night after rehearsal, a vanload of us headed to the next town over for a walmart run. i fell asleep on the way there, and was still a tad groggy going through the store at 12:30 am. best friend collette had been surprised that very day by the arrival of friend from home, so i suppose it was on my mind. as i walked toward the cash register, i saw simone. I flipped. "WHAAAT?! OHH MY GOSH!" i said. I couldn't figure out who the boy was with her, and why it wasn't her bf, why she was on oahu when her old roommate lived on kuaui, and how in the world she knew i would be at walmart right then.
I made quite a scene.
then I realized. it was not simone. it was said girl who reminds me of simone, and does not know simone.
i mumbled an apology and an excuse of being tired, ran away. and avoided any aisles i saw them in for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Tingler said...

I look at the topic thought it was "confession" at walmart....but I suddenly realized it's confusion....

I just woke up too.....

Anna Banana said...

bwahaha. You ca-razy.
Good one, Janae.