November 6, 2008

the butterfly is like a mailman that only delivers love letters

I had a dream. I had a canary, and I took it out of the cage. I went to the window, and opened my hand, but it didn't fly away. It wanted to stay with me. If it wanted to stay, it must love me.

Le Papillon is full of charm, coming mostly from the precious Elsa, played by Claire Bouanich, Her impish face and endearing naivete put a veil over deep threads of family relationships, love and the lack thereof, and create an incredibly sweet story between Claire and her almost grandfather.

Admittedly, I have a weakness for french films, but this is undoubtedly one of the best I've seen

2 comments:

little miss erika said...

i wanna seee!!

Deanna said...

LYSSA! Hey, i just stumbled on your blog...you're so random and i love it. i miss you terribly. i mean c'mon i need to watch waking ned devine - eat choc. chip pancakes, sleep in blakes bed, and do karyokee with you. I mean seriously. UHHHHH! Ok, well you can look at my blog. Really it's a journal that i'm having printed into a book so it's not a swell as yours. Mainly just blabbing and pictures. haha love you darling