For my first few days here, I had no appetite at all. Which, as you know, is a very strange thing. That's never happened to me before. But here I was, in a food capitol of the world, and all I ate was some yogurt and bananas.
Now it's all changed. Appetite back in full force. Today I got a sandwich and a religieuse (an amazing two-tiered pastry filled with chocolate) for lunch. After watching the cashier wrap my things in paper, I promptly picked them up like they were bags and dropped my uneaten religieuse on the floor, much to the amusement of the two girls behind me. BUT because my appetite was back and I had not yet eaten a really amazing pastry this time, I picked it up and put it back in the paper. I carried my lunch over to the park, and figured I could just eat around the side that had dropped on the floor...
But it was SO GOOD that as soon as I started eating it, I knew I would also be eating the floor part. Oh my gosh it was amazing. Soo... yeah, appetite back, to the detriment of my immune system.
Oh, and here's a religieuse, so you can see why I would do something like I did:

3 comments:
I think I am glad you got your appetite back? I am sure the 5 second rule applied, if there were folks behind you, you probably picked up your treat pretty quickly. I hope no one was watching you in the park that saw you in the bakery? It does look worth the risk though, so I approve.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. no moar pop tarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dirty yummy pastries!!! i love you
That definitely looks like something that was worth the risk of a few harmless germs.
I got my gmail set up and I'm excited to read your blog.
Post a Comment