The school is right off the street with just a plain sign in front, and if I couldn't have heard kids laughing behind the wall I would have worried I was walking in to something out of Matilda..
But thankfully, the inside of the building was bright and colorful, and the director was nothing like the Trunchbull. And I've discovered another reason I'm glad I asked for a spot in elementary schools- the teachers haven't lost all faith in humanity, as often seems to happen when the students get a little older. Instead, all of the teachers smiled and said they wanted me to teach from Maurice Sendak books in English and French. Cool, that I can do. I think The Hungry Caterpillar was mentioned, but let's be honest, I only got about half of what anyone said.
Oh, and the kids looked at me like I must have looked at Miss Gold, my 1st grade student teacher- with absolute adoration. This shouldn't be too bad at all (that is, if I can ever escape from the paperwork that is moving to France).

1 comment:
haha, such a cute story! There must be Matilda in that school who can move things around with her power! haha I would adore you if you were my teacher! Good luck!
Post a Comment