May 13, 2012

summer magic

I've never been in Provo during the spring before, and although many people had told me that was why I hated it so much, I never believed them.

They were so right.

First, I moved into a new home that immediately made life more beautiful. The house was built in 1910, and I can just tell it's full of old magic. Not only that, it's also full of the greatest roommates.
photos by olivia

We kicked off spring with John's birthday party, where we sent glowstick wish balloons into the universe (I worried about the negative environmental effects, but I realized that animals in Provo don't really have a chance anyway).



 We'd been discussing how to improve the effectiveness of wishes, and realized that the wishes that have come true had been spoken out loud- so we decided to forego the tradition of keeping them secret.

I wished for un été magique.

(and I think it's working.)