So I run all the way through the airport, through security, to the very last gate (of course), up to the counter and wheeze "I'monthisflightcanIpleasegeton??" She replied, "We're not boarding," and all my hopes and dreams were dashed. But then she said, "No, I mean, the plane just got here." I was flooded with both love for this woman and extreme agitation at that horrible woman at check-in.
Half an hour later, we board the plane and taxi out. Then they turned the plane off. Storming in Chicago. Turn plane on. Turn plane off. Turn plane on. You get the picture. An hour later, we finally set out for the grueling 60 minute flight.
By the time we arrived, I had most definitely missed my connection, but there was another flight to Salt Lake leaving in 10 minutes. So again, I'm running through a new airport, through terminal after terminal until I finally arrive at gate G10. Where I'm informed that no such flight to Salt Lake exists, but I've been courteously rebooked on the flight in 12 hours.
BUT
I was in Chicago. Where some of my best friends in the whole world live. Friends I hadn't seen in years. And so, the first missed connection of my life was about to become the absolute most fortuitous event it could have ever been.
to be continued again... (this is a really long story).
1 comment:
you are a good story teller!
you are a grown up!
you are moving to france!
Post a Comment