September 25, 2009

this one day, in luxor

i rode a felucca across the nile

and then i rode a camel.

my camel driver's name was ali (like ali baba), and my camel's name was siegmund (like siegmund marley). ali was fourteen and we had a nice, awkward little conversation about sheep, girlfriends and whether i was ok on the camel. i was, but afterward my butt bones were a little sore. i'm pretty sure i also had a midget camel, because i felt kind of small next to everybody else. i rode along the nile (THE NILE!) and then by some fields, and i saw a water buffalo and some furry little sheep that looked like bears.

2 comments:

~ Natalie ~ said...

Prince Ali yes it is he...

Oh you are so lucky! I liked very much that you had a conversation about whether you were sitting on the camel right :)
I like the title for this post. it reminds me of jessica.remember how she used to say "one day in Bali, or this one time when I rode a camel in mongolia"? LoVe It!

little miss erika said...

oh just the Nile.... nbd