March 13, 2009

the path...taken

colly and i went for a walk on the beach. we walked and walked and were on our way back. then, very uncharacteristically of me, since my mother did a wonderful job instilling in me the idea of scary people on secret trails, i jumped up the bank and started running down a secret trail.
we walked and walked some more, and came upon a secret garden, like combination of narnia and portland.

we walked and walked some more and found a secret staircase that felt like heaven and eternity.

we sat.

we talked about everything.

we talked about how now we understood what it was like to love the land. i laid on the sand and tried to hold the world between my arms.

then we walked and walked, and it rained and rained, and then we came home and ate pizza.

3 comments:

~ Natalie ~ said...

Hey sorry my computer is slow, but I love you guys and I hope that you have a fun time searching for adventures today! Maybe you could have another adventure like this one :)

Anna Banana said...

Did you know I just love you? And I love your brain. And I think your brain and my brain ought to be brain buddies for the rest of eternity.

yuuupp.

Collette said...

alyssa- your writing turns frowns upside down. love you infinitely.